Sleep is one of, if not the most important factors for living a healthy lifestyle. Even though we all feel the effect a bad night of sleep has on our bodies, a lot of use still make choices that put our sleep at risk. I decided to create the 10 commandments of great sleep, in order to help you make the right decisions when it comes to sleep.
The 10 Commandments of Great Sleep:
- Remember thy bed time: Establish a sleep routine with a regular bedtime and waking time.
- Thou shall not make idols: Turn off your electronic devices 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Honor thy body: Make sure to exercise regularly, but not right before bed.
- Thou shall not steal: Covers are meant to be shared, so share them. Use bedding products that adapt to each partner’s perfect body temperature.
- Thou shall avoid stimulants before bed: No caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea, sodas, and yes… chocolate.
- You shall not take the act of sleep in vain: If you are in the habits of taking siestas, do not exceed 45 minutes of daytime sleep.
- Remember thy bedroom: Use comfortable, inviting bedding and block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
- Thou shall not commit adultery: Don’t cheat yourself of sleep by using your bed for work or general recreation. Reserve your bed for sleep and sex.
- Thou shall not have large meals before bed: Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4 hours before bedtime. A light snack before bed is acceptable.
- Thou shall not covet sleep: Don’t push your body past exhaustion. Plan your sleep schedule to make sure you are getting the required amount (between 7 to 9 hours on average).
We hope you enjoyed our take on the 10 commandments of great sleep! If you have any tips or advice for a great night sleep, just comment below! We also want to thank all of our loyal fans with an exclusive promo code! Use promo code: Blog15 for 15% off your next purchase from Slumber Cloud. (Excludes bundle sets and ChiliPad Products)